The aim of our Access Statement is to provide a clear and honest description of Dannah Cottages, our self catering accommodation in Kirk Ireton, so that potential guests can assess for themselves whether it would be a suitable choice for their needs.
Heather and Honeysuckle are semi-detatched cottages designed to be luxurious and secluded get-aways for two people, and are located in the attractive and peaceful village of Kirk Ireton, amidst the stunning Derbyshire Dales countryside. However, there is no denying the unsuitability of the cottages and their location for those with mobility problems, or the severely visually impaired, or those who are totally dependent on public transport.
When you have read the statement below, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss any queries you may have, or what we may be able to do to enable you to be able to enjoy your stay at either cottage.
We have extensively renovated the cottages, both internally and externally, from what was a dilapidated and outdated condition, to one that is suitable for their new purpose as luxury self catering accommodation.
The possibilities available to us when renovating the cottages were significantly limited by:
• The internal space available
• Derbyshire Dales planning regulations restricting any changes to the exterior of the building.
• The rural location of Kirk Ireton.
We have therefore acknowledge, with regret, the limited appeal and/or suitability far a sizeable portion of the population. We advise that the cottages may not suitable for:
• Any adult unable to cope confidently and safely with steps and stairs.
• Anyone dependant on the use of a wheelchair.
• Children, toddlers and mobile babies.
• Those with severe visual impairment.
The cottage each have one double bedroom on the first floor and an en-suite bathroom/ WC with separate full size bath and walk-in shower. Heather Cottage also has a shower room with WC on the ground floor.
All information on the cottages can be found on the their website www.dannahcottages.co.uk. This information includes copy of our Access Statement and other policies.
Information in large print is available on request.
Enquiries or bookings can be made using the following methods:
• The contact form on www.dannahcottages.co.uk
• E-mailing direct on firstname.lastname@example.org
• Telephone +44 (0)1335 372 882
• It is possible, but only with difficulty, to cope without a car.
• There is a limited daily bus service to both Ashbourne and Wirksworth. The nearest bus stop is located approx 100 metres from the cottage.
• The nearest train station is at Whatstandwell, 5 miles away. A local service runs from Nottingham to Matlock (via Derby). This station is un-manned.
• The nearest Mainline Station is at Derby, 13 miles away.
• The nearest taxi service is in Wirksworth, 2 ½ miles away.( Crossdales Taxis 01629 820028.)
• A welcome pack containing essential grocery items and a few luxuries will be provided for your arrival.
• There is a small local shop located 100 meters across the road from the cottage.
• There is a local pub located 100 meters across the road from the cottage.
• Most essential services are available in Wirksworth 2 ½ miles away.
• Both Tesco and Sainsbury’s will deliver to Heather Cottage.
• The nearest place of worship is Holy Trinity, Kirk Ireton (Anglican), 200 metres away from the cottage. Some other denominations can be found in Wirksworth, 2 ½ miles away.
Arrival and Car Parking Facilities
• Off-road parking is available on a private drive area with space for one vehicle, approximately 10 metres from the entrance of the cottage. It has a tarmac surface and has a gentle slope leading to the side gate of the property.
• Off-road parking is available on a private drive area with space for one vehicle, approximately 5 metres from the entrance of the cottage. It has a pea gravel surface leading to a short stone path leading direct to the front door.